Facilitating Meetings That Work
Research indicates that as many as 50% of meetings are considered unproductive. If your role requires you to lead meetings to manage a project, gain input, solve problems or make decisions, having a foundation in meeting facilitation skills is critical to your success.
In this highly interactive workshop, we introduce participants to the five core facilitator practices, meeting preparation tools and techniques, and the consensus building process.
Whether you want to adopt a more collaborative approach to group dialogue or need to reach your meeting objectives more often, this workshop introduces participants to the must-have tools needed to structure and lead productive meetings.
WORKSHOP DELIVERY OPTIONS
- Learn the role and beliefs of the facilitator in the context of creating powerful meetings that engage, inspire and achieve outcomes
- Embrace the 5 core facilitation practices to foster highly collaborative group dynamics
Manage the Process
- Recognize the importance of meeting structure by making your meetings POP – Define the meeting ‘purpose’, ‘outcomes’ and ‘process’
- Learn how to effectively prepare for and start a meeting
- Learn the four-step consensus building process, including creative brainstorming and prioritization techniques
- Understand how to test for agreement and what ‘consensus’ really means
Manage the Group
- Learn inclusive techniques and best practices to keep participants engaged and allow for a diversity of opinions to be heard
- Understand how to proactively establish and gain buy-in to group norms
- Practice new tools in a safe learning environment and receive personal tips and coaching
All techniques and engagement strategies taught and modelled in our 2 x Half Day Virtual Delivery apply specifically to “virtual” meetings.
- Project Managers – earn 7 PDUs
- Human Resources Professionals – earn CPD hours
- Managers or Team Leaders at any level
- Professionals who need to increase buy-in and decrease resistance in group settings
- Six Sigma and Lean Professionals
- Internal or external Consultants
- Business Analysts
- Anyone who leads groups or collaborative meetings to achieve critical outcomes
- A Participant Workbook filled with templates, reminders and methods you can refer to when applying new skills to any meeting (digital manual provided for Virtual Delivery)
- 7 PDU’s from PMI
- Certificate of Completion
- Optional Pocket Guide by bestselling author, Ingrid Bens – ‘Facilitation at a Glance’ (available for an additional fee)