The Virtual Facilitative Trainer
Real learning takes place when the trainer stops talking and invites learners to start talking and participate in the process. Virtual classrooms present a unique set of challenges and opportunities when it comes to interacting with and engaging learners.
This workshop is designed to equip participants with the foundational skills and knowledge necessary to conduct active, engaging virtual learning events with confidence. Participants will engage in two highly interactive half-day sessions with many opportunities to practice new skills and receive coaching and peer feedback in a safe environment.
WORKSHOP DELIVERY OPTIONS
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- State the challenges and opportunities presented when training virtually versus in person
- Demonstrate best practices in converting / redesigning / optimizing existing “in-person” classroom training into the virtual training environment
- Model both the role of Trainer/Subject Matter Expert (content provider) and Virtual Facilitative Trainer (process leader)
- Demonstrate (in a practice setting with familiar materials) how to:
- Plan a virtual training session
- Open a session effectively by setting all required context
- Conduct a highly interactive session using available engagement methods supported by their virtual training platform
- List and demonstrate methods for maximizing participant engagement and promoting sharing of the group’s wisdom during training
- Close a session using techniques to maximize transfer of training into skilled performance at work
- Better handle group dysfunction using an effective intervention technique to handle the most common challenges encountered in virtual classrooms
- Internal Trainers or Consultants transitioning programs to a virtual classroom
- Leaders or Subject Matter Experts who have been asked to provide product, process or policy training
- HR Professionals
- Instructional Designers/Developers who want to better understand how to engage learners
A digital participant workbook filled with templates, reminders and methods you can refer to when transitioning new skills to your next training session.