Mastering Zoom Breakout Rooms & Polling
When facilitating online meetings or training online workshops, facilitators and trainers continue to find their biggest challenge to be engagement and participation from the attendees. How do you transform a group of passive virtual meeting attendees/participants into highly engaged, active collaborators? Our go-to engagement tools include breakout rooms and polling!
Breakout rooms are useful for splitting a large group of session participants into pairs, triads or smaller groups so they can collaborate privately, stay engaged and therefore produce higher quality output.
Polling allows the host to take the pulse of their meeting participants, get their participants engaged and keep the content dynamic.
In this 2-hour workshop, a seasoned facilitator and Zoom super-user will walk participants through the features, applications and provide live demos.
WORKSHOP DELIVERY OPTIONS
You will leave the with a comprehensive understanding of the following …
- Benefits of using breakout rooms and polling
- Options for creating breakout rooms, including self-select breakout option
- Managing breakout rooms in progress
- How to effectively instruct participants prior to launching break-outs
- An understanding of how to create and launch a poll, including how to “re-use” polls previously created
- How to quickly address various dilemmas/scenarios that can arise
Meeting or Training facilitators whose sessions would benefit from smaller group discussion or exercises and would like to use polling to test for understanding, interest and engagement.
- We assume participants have hosted a few Zoom meetings and have some practical knowledge of basic Zoom features such as; scheduling a meeting, managing participants (mute, stop video, lower hand, etc.), enabling and using waiting rooms, assigning co-host(s) and sharing screen (including whiteboard) and annotation
- A device with functioning computer audio and video with at least a Pro Zoom account and the latest version of the desktop client
Each participant receives a PDF with instructions, screen shots and links to instructional videos for all topics