Facilitating Meetings That Work: Self-Paced
If your role requires you to lead inclusive, engaging meetings to manage a project, gain input, solve problems or make decisions, having a foundation in meeting facilitation skills is critical to your success. The ability to be able to engage all participants, keep dialogue on track and on time has never been more important given the drastic increase in virtual, in-person or hybrid meetings post pandemic.
Why Invest in Facilitation Skills Training?
- Better meeting results: where discussions stay on track, promote participation and achieve improved outcomes
- Better decision making: a well-structured and facilitated meeting means more perspectives are explored, potential challenges are identified, all while building better buy-in and accountability
- Stronger relationships: Effective facilitation can help build trust, psychological safety and foster a more collaborative, productive team
After completing this highly engaging course, you will have a framework for facilitating all group meetings including in-person, remote, and hybrid meetings. You will learn practical strategies to prepare for, open and structure highly collaborative dialogue, which you can apply in your very next meeting. And finally you will be receiving a strategy that will help you overcome specific breakdowns in groups when having to face an array of meeting challenges. Your learning will be supported with:
- Dozens of short video lectures with Michael Goldman, Master Facilitator and President of Facilitation First
- Animated and live action videos of meetings in action
- Downloadable PDF Job Aids and meeting templates
- Interactive Quizzes to help cement the learning
- Certificate of Completion upon passing the final test
WORKSHOP DELIVERY OPTIONS
- Core Facilitation Skills – How great meeting leaders create a safe, inclusive, collaborative meetings
- How to Effectively Prepare – The Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Critical Meeting Tools and Meeting Design Templates
- Engagement Strategies
- Start Your Meetings Right – How to set context and introduce tools such as The Parking Lot, Action Plan and Meeting Norms
- How to set and referee critical Meeting Norms
- The 4-Step Consensus Building Roadmap and how to test for agreement using The High-Five
- Practical Group Diverging Tools (Brainstorming)
- Practical Group Converging Tools (Prioritizing/Decision making)
Anyone who leads groups or collaborative meetings to achieve critical outcomes
Our clients choose our live workshops led by master facilitators to ensure learners have practice and feedback opportunities. An instructor-led session also provides participants the ability to ask questions around tools and processes that relate to their specific meeting dilemmas or work culture. The Self-Paced eCourse is a great option for any team members not able to attend a live session.
If your group’s schedules will not allow for a longer in person session, or there is a preference for the flexibility to learn at your own pace, then the Self-Paced workshops are a great option. Or, if you have a large potential audience, the price point may allow more staff to learn these critical facilitation skills.
Get the best of both worlds with our ‘blended’ solution. Following successful completion of the eCourse, participants at attend our live “Activate Your Learning” 2.0 – 3.0 hour workshop where the trainer leads the group through practice and coaching rounds to cement their skill development.