Zoom Mastering Breakout Rooms & Polling
When facilitating virtual meetings or training workshops, session leaders often find their greatest challenges to be in engaging participants and balancing participation so that everyone has an opportunity to be heard.
How do you transform a group of passive virtual session attendees/participants into highly engaged collaborators?
At Facilitation First, our go-to Zoom features are breakouts and polling! Where appropriate, we break the group up into pairs or smaller groups to increase intimacy, a sense of ‘safety’ and quality of input. We use polling as a way to gauge interest, take a pulse and keep content dynamic.
We have developed this program to build confidence and competence in creating, launching and leveraging Zoom Breakouts and Polling. Delivered by a professional meeting facilitator and trainer, learners will also understand the ‘when and why’ you would use these features, as well as the how!
WORKSHOP DELIVERY OPTIONS
You will leave the session by mastering breakout rooms and polling with a comprehensive understanding of the following …
- Benefits of using breakout rooms and polling
- An understanding of how to create and launch a poll, including how to “re-use” polls previously created
- Options for creating breakout rooms, including the newly launched self-select breakout option
- Managing breakout rooms in progress
- How to effectively instruct participants prior to launching break-outs
- How to quickly address various dilemmas/scenarios that can arise
- 90 Minute Workshop – the trainer will walk participants through the features and provide a live demo of the feature
- 1- 2 Hour Self-Study/Practicum: participants will be given a practicum with a list of breakout room and polling use case scenarios to work through with friends, colleagues, or learning partners from the workshop to gain hands-on experience before the next in-person session. The scenarios in the practicum will be based on real, relevant situations our experienced facilitator and trainer has experienced herself.
- 60 Minute Post Practicum Coaching Session – this session is conducted one week after the 1st in-person session. This session will allow participants to share the results of their practicum, practice any of the scenarios they struggled with and the opportunity to observe live simulations of the various dilemmas/scenarios.
Meeting or Training facilitators whose sessions would benefit from smaller group discussion or exercises and would like to use polling to test for understanding, interest and engagement.
- Each participant already has at least a Basic Zoom account with v5.5.0 or higher
- Each participant has a device with functioning computer audio and video
Each participant receives a PDF with instructions, screen shots and links to instructional videos for all topics