Facilitating Brave DEI Conversations
In a year marked by crisis and uncertainty, everyday corporate life is at a crossroads, again. The choices companies make today will have consequences on workplace equity for decades to come. Healthy organizations recognize that highly inclusive teams with a robust, action-oriented Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy ensures organizational longevity. Those who do it well will create competitive advantage.
But while most leaders have committed to fostering a more inclusive and equitable team, many feel ill-equipped to lead meaningful conversations that lead to clear action and change. A lack of self-awareness, fear of unintentionally causing offence, or concerns about emotions running high could result in even the most thoughtful corporate DEI strategies to stall or even fail.
This two-hour workshop was designed to set participants up for success in leading brave conversations on enhancing diversity and inclusion in their workplace.
WORKSHOP DELIVERY OPTIONS
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Better clarity as to what we mean by brave or sensitive conversations and why they are different
- How to create a safe environment for handling these conversations
- How to ‘show up’ to support these conversations
- Tips for prepping for brave or sensitive conversations
- A technique for managing challenging behaviors or situations
- A process for leading a brave conversation
Any leader or staff member leading group conversations in support of enabling a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Participants will receive a digital workbook filled with strategies, intervention techniques, and suggested scripting for various dilemmas.